The citrus marinade for these shrimp is spiked with tequila, which makes for a very flavorful grilled appetizer.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup silver or white tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice (from about 3 limes)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 orange)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Lime wedges (for serving)
In a medium nonreactive bowl, stir together shrimp, tequila, lime juice, and orange juice; season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 20 minutes.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Grill shrimp until opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes, flipping once. Transfer to a platter and top with jalapeno. Serve shrimp with lime wedges.
SourceEveryday Food, June 2010