Lexi's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Careful measuring and mixing ensure excellent results in these delicious chocolate chip cookies.
- Yield: Makes thirty 4-inch cookies
Source: Holiday Cookies 2001, Special Issue Holiday 2001
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth. Add the sugars, and beat until combined and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well blended.
Add flour mixture, and beat on low speed until combined. Add the chocolate chips, and beat until combined.
Drop 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter at a time onto baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, about 8 minutes, rotating halfway through. Remove the cookies and the parchment paper from the baking sheets, and let cool on a rack.