Stuffed Chicken Cutlets
Pop these frozen cheese-filled packets into the oven, and you'll have dinner on the table in no time.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, September 2006
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers, rinsed, patted dry, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 3 large scallions, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 16 (about 4 pounds total) chicken cutlets
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce, (optional)
In a medium bowl, combine feta, peppers, olives, scallions, and oregano. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
Place cutlets on a flat surface, smooth side down. Spoon 2 tablespoons of feta mixture in center of each cutlet; fold up short sides over cheese, then long sides, making a packet. On baking sheet, arrange stuffed cutlets, seam side down (they should not touch); freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Wrap each in plastic; place in a resealable freezer bag; label, and date. Freeze up to 2 months.
To bake: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment. Unwrap frozen cutlets, and arrange, seam side down, on baking sheets; season with salt and pepper. Bake until chicken is opaque throughout, about 30 minutes. Serve 2 cutlets per person, topped, if desired, with tomato sauce. To bake without freezing: Decrease baking time by about 10 minutes.