Sweet-Potato Bourbon Bundt Cake
This recipe for sweet-potato bourbon bundt cake is from "Bundt Classics" by Dorothy Dalquist.
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup bourbon or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Nonstick cooking spray with flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Bourbon Syrup
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together brown sugar, butter, and eggs until very light and fluffy. Add sweet potato and vanilla; beat to combine. Add flour, milk, bourbon, baking powder, pie spice, and salt; mix until just incorporated. Lightly spray a 10 or 12 cup Bundt pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle bottom and up sides of the pan with pecans. Pour in cake batter.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Brush cake with bourbon syrup. Serve cake slices with any remaining syrup.