Shrimp Kebabs with Lemon Wedges and Cilantro
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2001
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds large shrimp (about 40)
- 4 lemons, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Combine cilantro and olive oil in a large bowl. Set aside. Peel shrimp to first knuckle; devein. Rinse; pat dry. Place in bowl with cilantro-oil mixture, and coat.
Thread 4 shrimp, alternating with lemon wedges, on 8 skewers. Gently brush with a little of the olive oil remaining in the bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange skewers, off direct heat, on a medium-hot grill. Grill, rotating skewers and brushing with olive oil as necessary to prevent sticking, until cooked through, about 6 minutes, depending on heat of grill. Lemons should be soft and slightly charred. Serve with choice of condiments.