Pork Tenderloin With Jalapeno Paste
The mild flavor of the pork benefits from the heat and spice of the garlic and jalapenos.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2003
- 1/4 cup canola oil, plus more for grill
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 chopped jalapeno chile, (remove seeds and ribs for less heat)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 whole pork tenderloins, (3/4 pounds each)
Heat grill to high. Lightly oil grill rack. In a blender, process 1/4 cup canola oil, garlic, jalapeno, thyme, salt, coriander, pepper, and cumin until smooth, about 1 minute. Spread paste over tenderloins.
Grill tenderloins, turning them occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 155 degrees, 10 to 20 minutes.
Remove from grill; let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.