Jicama Sticks with Chili-Lime Dip
Before you start cutting, peel jicama with a vegetable peeler, and then halve from the top to bottom (a serrated knife works best). To make sticks, slice jicama halves 1/2 inch thick; lay slices flat and cut into 1/2-inch-thick sticks.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2006
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 scallions, finely chopped, plus more, thinly sliced for garnish, if desired
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds jicama (1 medium), cut into sticks
In a small bowl, place sour cream, lime zest and juice, chili powder, and chopped scallions. Season with salt and pepper; mix to combine. Transfer to serving dish, and garnish with sliced scallions, if desired. Serve with jicama sticks.