Sage- and Garlic-Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 1/4 pounds), tied with kitchen twine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stir together garlic, sage, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub mixture all over pork.
Heat a large, heavy saute pan over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil. Add pork, and brown all over, about 4 minutes.
Transfer pan to oven. Roast pork, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 145 degrees to 150 degrees, about 20 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board; tent with foil, and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.