Lamb Chops with Lemongrass and Ginger
This delicious recipe is courtesy of Neil Perry.
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, January Summer/Fall 2007
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 piece fresh ginger (1/2 inch), peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 lamb rib chops, about 1/2 inch thick
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 lemon wedges
Prepare marinade: Place the garlic, lemongrass, ginger, and salt in a mortar. Using a pestle, grind to a rough paste. Add cilantro and mint, and grind 1 minute more. Stir in oil.
Place lamb chops in a shallow dish and pour over marinade; turn lamb to coat. Let stand 1 hour.
Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Place lamb on grill and cook, turning once, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate, cover to keep warm, and let stand in a warm place, about 10 minutes.
Divide lamb evenly between 4 plates. Pour any juices that have accumulated on the plate over lamb. Season with pepper and garnish each plate with a lemon wedge.