Emeril's Green Bean Salad
Folks will flip over these down-home and delicious green beans, a favorite with Emeril Lagasse and his family.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2008
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds haricots verts or other thin green beans, trimmed
- 2 small red onions, quartered through root end (leaving root end attached)
Heat grill to medium-low. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and prepare a large bowl of ice water. In another large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice; set aside.
Cook green beans in boiling water until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer immediately to ice-water bath. Drain beans well, pat dry, and add to bowl with dressing. Set aside.
Toss onion wedges with remaining tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill until lightly charred, 4 to 6 minutes per side. When cool, trim root end off, and thinly slice onions; add to bowl with green beans, and toss to combine.