Lemony Sauteed Shrimp with Broccoli and Peas
Shop the freezer case, where you'll find standout selections, such as shrimp and peas -- here sauteed with fresh broccoli -- that are always in season.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2007
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest plus 5 to 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into small florets, with stalks peeled and sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound large, frozen, peeled, and deveined shrimp, thawed and patted dry
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
In a large skillet with a lid, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium. Add white part of scallions, lemon zest, broccoli, and 1/2 cup water; season with salt and pepper, and toss. Cover, and cook until broccoli is bright green and just beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add shrimp and peas. Cover, and cook, tossing occasionally, until shrimp are opaque and peas are tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
Add lemon juice, green part of scallions, and remaining butter; season with salt and pepper. Toss gently and serve.