Jimmy's Adobo Chicken
This recipe is brought to us by Jimmy Rodriguez, owner of three New York City restaurants, including Jimmy's Bronx Cafe.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, preferably with wings attached
- Jimmy's Cachapas
- Jimmy's Succotash
- Jimmy's Chimichurri Sauce
In a small bowl, combine garlic, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and olive oil. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and rub with marinade. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove chicken from refrigerator. Heat a large ovenproof saute pan over medium heat. Add chicken and saute, skin-side down, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Transfer to oven, skin-side down, and bake 6 to 7 minutes. Turn and cook for 5 to 6 minutes more.
Place a warm cachapa in the center of a large bowl. Spoon a little succotash over. Top with a piece of chicken, and drizzle with chimichurri sauce. Serve immediately.