Crisped-Prosciutto and Avocado Crostini
Baking prosciutto turns it crisp and crunchy, making it a perfect foil for buttery avocado and a thin slice of sharp cheese.
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into 3-inch pieces
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1 medium baguette, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 firm, ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces manchego cheese, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 400. Arrange prosciutto in a single layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Brush with oil, and bake, rotating halfway through, until crisp and deep golden brown, about 9 minutes; transfer to a plate.
Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet. Brush generously with oil. Bake until light golden brown around edges, 8 to 9 minutes. Rub with garlic cloves.
Mash avocados with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Spread avocado on baguette slices. Top each with a slice of cheese and a piece of prosciutto. Season with pepper.