Emeril's Shrimp and Avocado Salad with New Orleans-Style Remoulade Sauce and Baby Greens
This wonderfully delicious shrimp and avocado salad paired with a New Orleans-style remoulade sauce is courtesy of Emeril Lagasse.
- 6 cups mixed baby lettuce leaves, such as lollo rossa, red oak, red leaf, mizuna, arugula, and tatsoi
- New Orleans-Syle Remoulade Sauce, chilled
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 small grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Hass avocados, peeled and pitted
- Emeril's Simple Boiled Shrimp, chilled
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
Place lettuce in a large bowl; drizzle with half of the remoulade sauce and season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined. Place tomatoes in a small bowl; drizzle with olive oil. and toss to combine.
Divide lettuce evenly between 4 plates. Place avocado halves on top of lettuce and divide tomatoes evenly between each plate. Toss shrimp with remaining remoulade sauce and place on top of avocado. Garnish with scallions and serve immediately.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2008