TurboChef Roast Turkey
This recipe uses the TurboChef oven to get a turkey on the table in what seems like no time at all.
- Servings: 12
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2008
- 1 (11-to-12-pound) turkey, giblets and neck removed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup mixed chopped herbs, such as thyme, sage, and parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 lemons, halved crosswise
- Sprigs of fresh herbs, such as thyme, sage, and parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
Set oven rack in the lower position. Select "Bake" on the CookWheel. Select "Cookbook Recipes" followed by "Roast Turkey." Press "Start" to begin the preheat cycle.
Rinse inside and outside of turkey and pat dry with paper towels. Tuck wings under turkey.
In a small bowl, mix together butter and chopped herbs. Rub butter mixture under skin. Season inside of cavity with salt and pepper. Place lemons and herb sprigs in cavity; tie legs together loosely with kitchen twine. Rub outside of turkey with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place turkey on a rack in a roasting pan. Place in the oven and press "Start." Bake under "Turkey" for 42 minutes. Turkey is done when thermometer inserted into the thigh reads at least 165 degrees and juices run clear. If necessary, use the "Cook More" function at the end of the cook cycle to add a few more minutes to the cook time. Let turkey rest 10 to 20 minutes before serving.