Stuffed Marinated Hot Red Cherry Peppers
- 14 hot red cherry peppers, cored and seeded, tops reserved
- 4 ounces young pecorino or provolone cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 14 small sprigs fresh marjoram
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Crusty bread, for serving
Stuff each pepper with cheese and a sprig of marjoram. Transfer stuffed pepper and pepper tops to a glass loaf pan.
Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over peppers. Let marinate at room temperature 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tops on peppers. Cook until cheese has melted and peppers are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly. Serve with bread.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, March 2006