Stuffed Marinated Hot Red Cherry Peppers
Cheese and marjoram fill up marinated hot cherry peppers.
- Servings: 7
- Yield: Makes 14
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2006
- 14 hot red cherry peppers, cored and seeded, tops reserved
- 4 ounces young pecorino or provolone cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 14 small sprigs fresh marjoram
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Crusty bread, for serving
Stuff each pepper with cheese and a sprig of marjoram. Transfer stuffed pepper and pepper tops to a glass loaf pan.
Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over peppers. Let marinate at room temperature 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tops on peppers. Cook until cheese has melted and peppers are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly. Serve with bread.