Warm Mixed Nuts
Guests at virtually any party will be positively captivated by these fragrant and delicious nuts. Make sure to use the freshest garlic, shallots, and nuts in this recipe.
- 5 cups mixed nuts, such as walnuts, cashews, almonds, pecans, and hazelnuts
- t tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced crosswise into rings to yield about 1/4 cup
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the nuts in a single layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Toast until the nuts are golden and fragrant, 8 to 12 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through cooking. Transfer the nuts to a large bowl, and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic; fry until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the shallots and garlic to paper towels. Set aside.
Melt the butter and pour it over the nuts. Add the rosemary, cayenne, brown sugar, and salt, and stir well to combine. Toss in the crispy garlic and shallots. Serve warm. The nuts may be reheated in a 300-degree oven for 10 minutes.