Irish Blue Cheese Fondue
This recipe is a deliciously fun dish to serve on St. Patrick's Day.
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, March Winter 2008
- 8 ounces Cashel blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 cup Irish lager, preferably Kells brand
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Coarse salt
- Sliced apples, for serving
- Bread cubes, for serving
- Steamed broccoli, for serving
- Red and yellow peppers, for serving
In a medium bowl toss blue cheese, flour, cayenne and dry mustard together; set aside.
Place lager and half-and-half in a fondue pot over medium-high heat; stir to combine. Bring liquid to a simmer and slowly stir in cheese mixture; continue stirring until cheese is completely melted. Season with salt. Serve immediately with apples, bread, broccoli, and peppers.