This salty spread is perfect with crudite and crackers.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Source: Everyday Food, December 2004
- 2 cups pitted brine-cured black olives
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons rinsed capers
- 2 anchovy fillets, optional
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a food processor, combine black olives (such as Kalamata), parsley leaves, rinsed capers, and anchovy fillets with lemon zest and juice; process until finely chopped.
With the motor running, add olive oil; process until a paste forms.