Southwest Three-Tomato Salsa with Grilled Steak
This salsa is also delicious on top of grilled hamburgers or chicken.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2007
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored and seeded
- 1 jalapeno chile (seeds and ribs removed), coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium yellow or zebra tomatoes cored, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise, plus 1 tablespoon oil from jar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 boneless strip steaks (10 to 12 ounces each)
In a food processor, puree plum tomatoes, jalapeno, lime juice, and cumin; transfer to a small bowl. Stir in yellow and sun-dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
Just before serving, drain off any accumulated liquid, and stir in oil from sun-dried tomatoes.
Heat grill to medium-high; lightly oil grates. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Place on grill; cover. Cook, turning once, about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Top with tomato salsa and serve.