Green Beans with Radicchio
The wait's over! Seasonal green veggies glisten now in bins at farmstands and supermarkets, so stake your claim. Sides with snap peas, green beans, spinach, and zukes are rich in vitamins, nutrients, and-most important-taste. Plus, you can get them to the table in a flash.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2007
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends removed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small head radicchio (7 to 8 ounces), halved lengthwise, cored, and sliced crosswise 1 inch thick
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 or 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, preferably white
In a large skillet, combine beans and 1/2 cup water; season with salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high. Cook until water has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Add oil, radicchio, and shallot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are crisp-tender and radicchio has wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.