Mediterranean Chopped Salad
Pack this zesty salad for lunch -- the chickpeas and almonds will keep you full all afternoon.
- Servings: 2
Source: Everyday Food, March 2009
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 orange bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), cut into 1-inch pieces
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Divide dressing between two small airtight containers. Divide lettuce, roasted peppers, almonds, chickpeas, and bell pepper between two medium airtight containers. Refrigerate, up to overnight. To serve, pour dressing over salad, seal, and shake to combine.