Cherry tomatoes add a tangy flavor when stirred into creamy Arborio rice; we cut one in a cute flower-shaped garnish.
- 3 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups arborio or carnaroli rice
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Bring broth to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; keep warm.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add rice, and cook, stirring to coat, until fragrant and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup warm broth; cook, stirring, until almost all liquid has been absorbed. Repeat until all broth has been added.
With last addition of broth, stir in carrot and tomatoes. Cook, breaking up tomatoes with the back of a spoon, until almost all liquid is absorbed, 6 to 8 minutes.
Stir in butter. Remove pan from heat; top risotto with cheese.
SourceMartha Stewart Kids, Late Summer