Radish Salad with Blue Cheese
The bland iceberg lettuce benefits from the peppery radishes and blue cheese in this salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2006
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 2 carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 15 medium-size red radishes (about 6 ounces), ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and torn into bite-size pieces
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, shallot, Worcestershire, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 cup cold water. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, breaking up any large pieces with a fork; set aside.
With a vegetable peeler, peel carrots into long, thin ribbons; add to bowl with dressing along with radishes and lettuce. Toss to combine; season lightly with salt. Divide among 4 bowls; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Serve immediately.