Under 30 Minutes
Radish Salad with Blue Cheese
These familiar round, red radishes belong to the Red Globe variety. They should be plump, firm, smooth, and free of cracks and blemishes. Smaller radishes are usually sweeter; larger ones can be sharper and more peppery.
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 2 carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 15 medium-size red radishes (about 6 ounces), ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and torn into bite-size pieces
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, shallot, Worcestershire, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 cup cold water. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, breaking up any large pieces with a fork; set aside.
With a vegetable peeler, peel carrots into long, thin ribbons; add to bowl with dressing along with radishes and lettuce. Toss to combine; season lightly with salt. Divide among four bowls; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Serve immediately.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2006