Under 30 Minutes
Asian Salad with Salmon
This recipe was submitted by Everyday Food reader Marc Glomb, of San Francisco.
- 2 skinless salmon fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 small head napa cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 small head red cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion, such as Vidalia
- 1/2 cup sliced or chopped toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
Heat broiler. Place salmon fillets on a rimmed baking sheet; season generously with salt and pepper. Broil until fish is just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut into large chunks.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, and honey; season with salt and pepper. Set aside 2 tablespoons dressing.
To remaining dressing, add napa and red cabbage, carrots, onion, almonds, and apricots; toss.
Divide salad among four plates; top with salmon. Drizzle reserved dressing over salmon.
SourceEveryday Food, October 2004