Under 30 Minutes
Pears with Maple Walnuts and Gorgonzola
Gorgonzola dolce, or dolcelatte, is a creamy, slightly sweet blue cheese. Look for it in specialty shops. If you can't find it, try regular Gorgonzola, which will have a richer flavor.
- 1 1/4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 4 ripe red Bartlett pears, halved lengthwise, cored, and cut into wedges
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola dolce, room temperature
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir sugar and salt in a small bowl; set aside. Put butter and maple syrup into a large saute pan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add nuts; toss to coat.
Transfer nuts to a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar mixture; toss to coat. Toast in oven until fragrant, about 7 minutes. Let nuts cool completely on sheet on a wire rack.
To serve, arrange candied nuts, pear wedges, and Gorgonzola on a serving platter.