Pecorino Pepato is an Italian sheep's milk cheese with peppercorns, available at Di Bruno Bros. Any pecorino can be substituted.
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes (any combination of halved cherry tomatoes and thinly sliced medium tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 to 4 ounces Pecorino Pepato cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 round Chris Bianco's Pizza Dough
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, preferably Sicilian (zingermans.com)
- 7 thin slices guanciale (zingermans.com) or pancetta
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
Combine tomatoes and oil, and season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 1 hour.
Arrange cheese evenly over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with the tomatoes, oregano, and guanciale.
Broil and bake pizza, as directed. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with basil.