Watercress, Frisee, and Pear Salad
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, December 2005
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup walnuts, broken into pieces
- 3 to 4 bunches watercress, trimmed
- 1 head frisee, core removed, leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 2 red or yellow Bartlett pears, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, in a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake vinegar and oil until thick and combined; season with salt and pepper. (Dressing can be made a day ahead and refrigerated, covered.)
Place nuts on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine watercress, frisee, pears, and dressing; toss gently to coat. Divide among plates; sprinkle with walnut pieces.