Lemon-Garlic Lamb Kebabs
The lemon wedges caramelize on the grill, making them slightly sweet. When serving the skewers, squeeze the lemon juice over the lamb for added flavor.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2004
- 1 1/2 pounds leg of lamb, well-trimmed and cut into 20 equal cubes (about 1 inch each)
- 8 thin lemon wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Feta Dipping Sauce
- Fresh parsley sprigs, for serving (optional)
Heat grill to high. Assemble 4 long skewers, alternating 5 lamb cubes with 2 lemon wedges on each. Arrange skewers in a nonmetallic dish.
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Pour marinade over skewers; turn to coat. Let stand at least 5 minutes (or cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally). Season with salt and pepper.
Lightly oil grates. Place skewers on grill; cover grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until grill marks are visible and meat is cooked to desired doneness, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve with sauce, and garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.