Michael Schulson's Vegetable Dumplings
This great dumpling recipe is courtesy of Michael Schulson.
- Yield: Makes 20
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, July Summer 2007
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more for boiling water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons truffle oil (optional)
- 20 Hong Kong dumpling wrappers
- Warmed chicken broth, for serving (optional)
- Onion sprouts, for serving (optional)
Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add salt and return to a boil. Add edamame and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
Drain edamame and transfer to the bowl of a food processor along with heavy cream, butter, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and truffle oil, if using. Process until smooth.
Place 1 teaspoon edamame mixture in each dumpling wrapper and fold to enclose. Place dumplings on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cover with a moist paper towel; set aside.
Fill a large saucepan or wok with 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Set a bamboo steamer over saucepan and add dumplings. Cover and steam until tender, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately in warmed chicken broth and garnish with onion sprouts, if desired.