Swiss Chard Bundles with Tomato and Mozarella Filling
- 12 large leaves Swiss chard
- 12 quarter-inch-thick slices tomato (from about 2 medium)
- 12 quarter-inch-thick slices fresh mozzarella (from about 3/4 pound)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Set aside. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add one leaf at a time to boiling water, and blanch for 10 seconds. Place each leaf in ice bath to cool. Transfer to prepared baking sheet to drain.
Place a blanched leaf facedown on work surface. Cut out thickest part of stalk to about 1/3 the length of the leaf. Place a slice of tomato in center of leaf; top with a slice of cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with oil. Fold bottom of leaf over contents. Fold in sides. Fold leaf over to completely enclose contents. Repeat with remaining leaves, tomatoes, and mozzarella.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Brush lightly with oil. Grill packets until lightly charred and heated through, about 2 minutes per side. Drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately.