Milk Chocolate Panna Cotta
- Servings: 6
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (2 teaspoons) unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pound milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Sweetened whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Edible gold dust, for garnishing (optional)
Place six 8-ounce ramekins on a baking sheet; set aside. Pour the milk in a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin evenly over the milk, and let soften for 5 minutes.
Combine cream and sugar in a medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add gelatin mixture, whisking to combine. Remove from heat, and stir in chocolate and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour through a fine sieve into a large glass measuring cup. Divide mixture evenly between ramekins; chill until set, at least 4 hours.
To serve, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with edible gold dust, if desired.