Snow-white coconut margaritas -- rimmed with toasted coconut -- are a tropical twist on the tequila classic.
- Servings: 2
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, plus 2 tablespoons for glasses (about 5 limes)
- 3/4 cup Coco Lopez or cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/4 cup Cointreau or other orange liqueur
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss coconut with the salt. Spread on sheet; toast in oven, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool, then crush with your hands until crumbly.
Pour 2 tablespoons lime juice into a shallow dish. Place coconut mixture in another dish. Dip rims of two cocktail glasses in lime juice, then in coconut mixture, coating well.
Combine remaining ingredients with 1 cup ice in a blender; puree until smooth. Divide evenly between prepared glasses, and serve immediately.