Spinach and Endive Salad
This bright and bracing salad balances out the rich, heavy flavors of many holiday dishes.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, November 2005
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound baby spinach
- 3/4 pound Belgian endive, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake shallot, vinegar, mustard, and oil until thickened and combined; season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine spinach and endive; toss with dressing. Serve immediately.