Using small, slender carrots makes this an especially stunning side, but large carrots work equally well when halved lengthwise.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2009
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds small carrots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint, thinly sliced
Place a rimmed baking sheet on the lowest rack of oven, and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Drizzle hot sheet with 1 teaspoon oil. Carefully arrange carrots in a single layer on sheet, and drizzle with remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, shaking sheet to coat carrots. Bake, stirring every 5 minutes, until tender and deep golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle mint over carrots, and serve immediately.