This salad can be made with couscous instead of bulgur. Cook one cup couscous according to package instructions.
- 5 1/4 ounces dried bulgur (1 cup)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup (packed) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large bowl, pour 1 cup boiling water over the bulgur. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand until water is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
Add cucumber, onion, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine. Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature. (To chill, cool, then refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 day.)