Spaghetti with Radicchio and Ricotta
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 8 ounces fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs, preferably homemade
- 1 head radicchio, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced crosswise
- Freshly ground pepper
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook until soft but not browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Add parsley and breadcrumbs; cook, stirring frequently, until breadcrumbs are golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, and set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add salt. Add pasta, and cook until al dente according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta and reserved cooking liquid to pot, and add ricotta and remaining tablespoon oil. Toss to coat evenly. Add radicchio and half the breadcrumb mixture; season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve immediately, sprinkled with remaining breadcrumb mixture.