Tuna and White Bean Salad
This nutritious salad makes a healthy snack when served on top of a slice of thick bread.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2004
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) great Northern or navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced (3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices thick country bread, toasted or grilled
In a large bowl, combine tuna, beans, garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, capers, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Serve on top of bread.