Source: The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 5128
- 1 large artichoke, trimmed and choke removed
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup sliced hearts of palm
- 5 large Bibb lettuce leaves, torn
- 4 fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Thinly slice artichoke crosswise on a mandoline. Fill a medium, deep heavy-bottomed saucepan 3 inches high with canola oil. Heat over medium-high heat until it reaches 375 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer. Add half of the artichoke slices and cook until crispy and browned. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
In a large bowl, mix together hearts of palm, lettuce, parsley, and remaining sliced artichokes; season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice, drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Divide evenly between 2 plates; garnish with crispy artichokes and serve.