- Yield: Makes 18
Photography: Tosca Radigonda
Source: Martha Stewart Kids, Summer
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total), cut into 3-by-1/2-inch strips
- Mango Dipping Sauce
Whisk together soy sauce, ginger, sesame seeds, honey, vinegar, and oil in a large bowl. Add chicken to marinade; refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes. Soak 18 wooden skewers in water for at least 20 minutes.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high (if using a charcoal grill, coals are ready when you can hold your hand 5 inches above grill for just 3 to 4 seconds). Thread chicken onto skewers, dividing evenly. Grill, turning once, until chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve warm or at room temperature with mango dipping sauce.