Grilled Salmon Sandwich
Flat, wide fillets cut from the tail of the salmon work well for this open-face sandwich.
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets, about 6 ounces each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 bunch arugula, leaves slightly wet
- 4 slices sourdough bread, crusts trimmed
Combine mustard and sugar in a small bowl. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons water. Add soy sauce and 1 teaspoon oil. Set aside.
Heat a grill or grill pan until very hot. Brush salmon with remaining oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill for 5 minutes, or until browned. Turn and cook for another 5 minutes, or to desired doneness.
Toast bread and place on plates. Top each with wilted arugula and a salmon fillet. Drizzle mustard sauce over top. Serve immediately.