Shredded Napa Cabbage Salad with Radishes, Golden Raisins, and Dijon Dressing
A fresh, mayonnaise-free alternative to slaw, this sweet-and-sour salad is made with napa cabbage and gets zip from wholegrain mustard, vinegar, radishes, a sprinkling of chives, and a handful of plump golden raisins.
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, preferably whole grain
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 small head napa cabbage (about 12 ounces), cored and shredded (6 cups)
- 4 or 5 radishes, thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and sugar. Toss together cabbage, radishes, golden raisins, and chives. Drizzle dressing over salad. Season with salt and pepper.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, January 2010