Romaine Salad with Corn and Pepitas
Let this crunchy south-of-the-border salad give a boost to your dinner.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2008
- 1/3 cup pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce (about 1 pound), thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pepitas on a rimmed baking sheet, and toast until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, vinegar, and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Add romaine, corn, onion, and pepitas. Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper.