Tilapia with Arugula, Capers, and Tomatoes
Sauteed fish goes mildly Mediterranean, with bright vegetables and a buttery pan sauce.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food Fresh Flavor Fast, 2010
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 tilapia filet (8 ounces)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 small bunches arugula (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
In a medium nonstick skillet, bring 1/4 cup water to a boil. Add tomatoes and red-pepper flakes; top with tilapia, and season with salt and pepper. Cover, and cook 3 minutes. Add arugula. Cover, and cook until tilapia flakes easily with a fork, about 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer tilapia and vegetables to a plate (reserve skillet).
Make sauce: Off heat, add butter, lemon juice, and capers to skillet; swirl until butter has melted. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Serve tilapia over arugula and tomatoes; drizzle with sauce.