Butter Lettuce Salad with Poached Salmon and Herbs
The mild and delicate flavor of the butter lettuce cradles the healthy poached salmon and dressing for a complete lunch or maybe even dinner.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2008
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, (6 ounces each)
- Zest of 1 lemon, peeled into strips with a vegetable peeler, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds butter lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
Place salmon in a medium skillet; cover with cold water. Add lemon zest; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high. Cover, remove skillet from heat, and let stand until salmon is opaque throughout, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a blender, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, 1/4 cup tarragon, 1/4 cup parsley, and 2 tablespoons water. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth; set dressing aside.
In a large bowl, toss lettuce with tomatoes and remaining herbs. Divide salad among 4 plates; top with poached salmon, and drizzle with dressing.