Under 30 Minutes
Chicken Tenders with Creamy Honey Mustard
This is fast food you can feel good about eating. Children and grown-ups alike will love not only the crispy chicken, but also dipping it (and some veggie sticks) in the sweet, tangy sauce.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (tenderloins)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 medium carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into sticks
Preheat oven to 475. Place flour in a shallow bowl, and egg in a second one; season both with salt and pepper. Pulse cereal and oil in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a third shallow bowl.
Coat chicken: first in flour, shaking off excess; then with egg, letting excess drip off; and finally in cereal mixture, pressing to help it adhere. Place on a baking sheet, and bake until light golden brown and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes, turning over halfway through.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together sour cream, mustard, and honey; season with salt and pepper. Serve tenders and vegetables with creamy honey mustard on the side.
SourceEveryday Food, April 2007