Roasted Squash with Onions and Yogurt
This side goes well with roasted pork, lamb, or chicken.
- 1 acorn squash (about 1 pound), seeded and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges (leaving root end intact)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss acorn squash and onion with olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Roast until squash is tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Transfer squash and onion to a serving plate. Top with yogurt, mint leaves, and ground pepper.
SourceEveryday Food, September 2009