Green Beans with Hazelnuts and Gorgonzola
This dish is much healthier than its casserole counterpart. The Gorgonzola's rich, creamy texture offers a nice counterpoint to the crunchy, selenium-packed nuts. Briefly steaming the beans rather than boiling retains their vitamin C and B6 content.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Body+Soul, November 2009
- 2 pounds green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons nut oil, such as hazelnut, almond, or walnut
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup roasted blanched hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
Steam green beans until crisp-tender, 4 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with oil and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola and nuts.